Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Forty Days in Brooklyn: Day 23

Wed Oct 12th

As we say in Texas, Happy Yom Kippur, ya'll! I hope everyone has atoned for all their sins today. I’m not Jewish but I figure I can use all the grace I can get. Instead of fasting, I just stuck to my diet, religiously as it were, since all my outings over the weekend decimated all of my weight loss from the week before.

I woke up before my alarm went off this morning. But I waited to walk until it started to get light outside so I could feel safe going inside the park. As the sun was coming up, I passed by one of the open areas and I noticed fog rising up from the field. It was beautiful.







Unfortunately, as I walked over to take the pictures, I almost stepped on this.

I admit it. I made a sound that I'm not proud of.

But it was quickly forgotten when I saw the changing leaves everywhere.  I think Fall is nearly here and actually seeing it puts a smile on my face.

In other parts of the country, there's another season call "Fall."
It's real. I've seen it.
The other thing that makes me ridiculously happy here is city dogs. They’re amazing! They’re so well behaved that the dog park doesn’t even have a fence around it. Watching them play made me miss home. I can’t wait to get some doggy love when I get home. 


Spent the rest of the day working (yay!) and emailing (boo) except for times I was eating (yay!)

Breakfast was a spinach omelet with tomatoes


For lunch, I polished off the rest of the salmon sashimi with a salad and apple.
I forgot to take a picture of my snack (turkey chili) and my dinner (Chicken breast, steamed broccoli and a baked sweet potato) but they were good. 

And I got in another 4.5-mile walk after work today. As it stands, todays total is 10 miles and 29 floors of stairs.  Will try to get more in the morning before work. But now, I'm ready to sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment